2009/10/18

Tuesday topics

As you all remember this week we're going to explore the letter "B".

Being the cruel and wicked person I am, I thought it'd be more interesting if I didn't give you a list of topics but just some hints on what you may expect on Tuesday ;-)

So here they go:

1. Watch and listen to this clip. If you want to check the lyrics just follow the link. You'll find some information about the artists here.

2. Click on the picture to find out more.

















3. Solve the picture puzzle.
You need two words ( _ _ _ _ _ _ ) ( _ _ _ ). When you read them aloud you should guess the third topic.

(Hint 1: these two puzzle words begin with consecutive letters of the alphabet. Hint 2: the word you are looking for has a well known 3-letter abbreviation)













































4. And you can read a little about our last two topics here.

Good luck! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I always thought that the barbecue and grill are synonyms until today's class. I did some research and there are a lot of differences. One main difference between grilling and BBQ is the heat source. BBQ uses indirect heat or low-level heat to cook food - usually meat. Grilling refers to cooking food over a direct flame or other high-heat source.

    Being satisfied that I have fed my trivia hunger I decided to watch something about BBQ on youtube for a dessert. This is what I came across and that totally rock my world and also confused me :) :
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ubTQfr_tyY
    check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice clip. Keep browsin' BBQ world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the BBQ song :-) A great find! Thanks for sharing.

    I'll have to ask my Aussie friends about that BBQ/grill distinction. And other names they have for their beloved "barbie" ;-)

    ReplyDelete